Workshop Topic: Applications of pulsed plasma surface treatment technologies for high performance coatings on all types of substrates: metals, glass, ceramics, polymers, etc. New developments will be discussed as well as the possibilities for a technology transfer in the industry.
Target group: cross-border operators who already rely on plasma surface technologies or those who wish to invest in this technology, and any other person interested in the topic.
Organizers: PULSATEC consortium: University of Lorraine, Saarland University, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, University of Liege and CRM Group. PULSATEC is a research consortium that aims to develop new solutions in the field of pulsed plasma surface treatment and is being co-funded by the ERDF in the framework of the INTERREG VA Grand Region program, as well as by the Chancellery of Saarland and Wallonia.
Time schedule: 5th October 2021, from 9:45 till 16:30
Place: University Aula, Campus A3.3,Saarland University, 66123Saarbrücken (Germany).
Contents of the programme and speakers:
• Introduction – J. F. Pierson (IJL – Nancy)
• Get into surface treatment – A. Daniel (CRM – Liege)
• Laser Surface Structuring – F. Mücklich (Saarland University – Saarbrücken)
• HIPIMS overview and applications – S. Konstantinidies (University of Mons)
• Coatings Characterization – C. Pauly (Saarland University – Saarbrücken)
• Life cycle and techno-economic analysis – A. Merlo (University of Liege)
• Real case of HIPIMS process – P. Choquet (LIST, Esch/Alzette)
• Round table and lab tour
This workshop is organized within the framework of the Interreg V A Grande-Région PULASTEC project, with the support of the European Regional Development Fund, Wallonia and the Chancellery of the Saarland and in collaboration with Liège Creative.
Registration is free and lunch is provided by the organizers.
Depending on the evolution of the Covid situation, the conference room is likely to change in order to respect hygiene measures and social distancing.
An online format will be considered if travel is limited.